December 13, 2011

Rolling in the deep...


Hi followers!

Today we bring you a number one hit by singer Adele,

Rolling in the deep

which is an idiomatic expression!

It is an adaptation of the UK slang "roll deep". When asked about the meaning of the title of her song, Adele said it "means to have someone, always have someone that has your back, and you're never on your own, if you're ever in trouble you've always got someone who's going to come and help you fight it or whatever like that."

We encourage you to listen to the song and try to understand why the song is called Rolling in the deep.

Enjoy!


You can also watch the video...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks, I love Adele and her Rolling in the deep. I didn't know that expresion was an idiom! I'll never forget it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of idiomatic expressions we use while we are talking in English and sometimes we don't recognise them.

    she is amazing, isn't she? I love her songs and performances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Javi, thanks for your comment in my blog. Your blog is very intenresting and I love Adele's song!

    ReplyDelete